Licenses and Education
- USSF “B” License
- Cruyff Institute Football Management Degree
- Bachelor of Arts in English – University of California, Santa Barbara
- Fluent in English, Spanish, French, Dutch, Italian and Portuguese
- San Marcos Revolution Director of Coaching – 2018- present
- UC San Diego Men’s Soccer Assistant Coach – 2016 – present
- 42-9-9 since hired
- 2016 CCAA League & Tournament Champion
- 2016 Western Region Champion
- 2016 DII Final Four Appearance
- 2016 NSCAA West Region Staff of the Year
- Cardiff Soccer League B04 & B02 Head Coach – 2014 – 2018
- Milwaukee Area Technical College Men’s Soccer Head Coach – 2013
- First playoff appearance & winning record in 6 years
- SC Waukesha Elite Coach – 2013
- Carlsbad Lighting Elite Coach – 2010 – 2011
- Speed to Burn Elite Academy Coach – 2010 – 2016
- UC Santa Barbara Elite Camp Coordinator & Coach – 2005 – 2008
- US Beach Soccer National Team Captain – 2014 – present
- 2018 World’s Best 50 players
- 2017 World’s Best 50 Players
- 2017 CONCACAF Qualifiers
- 2016 Beach Soccer Goal of the Year
- 2015 CONCACAF Semi-Finalist
- 2013 FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup
- 2013 CONCACAF Champion & Top Scorer
- Professional Indoor Soccer
- Tacoma Stars 2017 – present
- Ontario Fury 2016 – 2017
- San Diego Sockers 2014 – 2016
- Milwaukee Wave 2011 – 2014
- MISL Champion 2012
- San Diego Sockers 2011
- PASL & Open Cup Champion 2011
- US Futsal National Team – 2011
- Professional Trials for Atletico de Madrid and Racing Santander in Spain
- College Soccer
- MLS Combine 2009
- NCAA Playoff Appearances 2005 – 2008
- NCAA National Champion 2006
- NCAA College Cup Offensive MVP 2006
- Big West Champion 2005 – 2007
- Youth Soccer
- KV Tervuren Belgian Champion – 2002
What do you love most about coaching soccer?
I love transmitting my passion and love for a sport that has given me so much, on to the next generation of soccer players.
Who was your favorite soccer player growing up?
Easy. Ronaldo. The Brazilian Ronaldo. He was the most dominant striker of all time in my opinion, and he made me fall in love with scoring goals.
What club team do you support?
Atletico de Madrid
What do you look for in a soccer player?
I value intelligence and technical mastery above all other characteristics.
What is your philosophy on player development?
As a coach I try to challenge my players to be active problem solvers, and I push to develop the technical toolkit necessary to handle every situation the game might throw at them. I believe the foundation of development rests on technical ability. Players develop physically at different rates, and much of that is out of their control, so as a coach, my mission is always to focus on the technical and mental aspects of a player’s development.
What is your favorite memory in soccer?
Winning an NCAA D-1 National Championship at UC Santa Barbara, and participating in a FIFA World Cup.
What is it about San Marcos Revolution that makes you want to coach here?
Soccer has always been my life passion, both as a player and coach. I’m very romantic about the game and the importance of a moral compass, and San Marcos Revolution is an organization that works ethically and strives to give players the best opportunities to develop. It’s refreshing to work with an organization that believes in doing what’s best for their community.